Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The National IQ Test- I can officially call myself a "genius"



Hey guys,

It's been a busy week...

I was lucky enough to be on the "National IQ Test" this week, which was a nationally televised event all around Australia for Channel Nine.

It had been broadcast in the past here in Australia, in 2002 and 2003, and both of these times it was the most watched Television program in the country. ( Only a lazy 2 or 3 Million...)


 I was asked to participate in the program by Channel Nine, and to become part of the "Sports Fanatics" team, which would compete against several other teams such as WAGS ( Wives and Girlfriends of Sportstars), Entrepreneurs, Impersonators, Generation Y and Tradies.

I wasn't the only person invited down to take part, also involved for the "Tradies" was "Australia's Hottest Tradie" Matt Wilson. I caught up with Matt on the way down from Sydney and he is a great bloke. I'm sure we will be catching up for a beer soon, to go with the cheeky one we snuck in earlier in the day, whilst filling the few hours before the taping.

He might be a great bloke but I will certainly not be taking my shirt off around him anytime soon...


"Australia's Hottest Tradie" Matt Wilson

Sadly for Matt the "Tradies" didn't do so well on the night. But their team captain, Scott Cam, did make a fair point in saying " we may not have a good IQ but how many of you guys can build a staircase?"


I was also able to meet Miss Universe Australia ( & 3rd Overall, Miss Universe 2010) , Jescinta Campbell. Very nice girl, Very easy on the eye. But she is just a little bit tall for me..so sadly I had to break the news to her that it wouldnt work out....yeh right!


Miss Universe Australia, Jescinta Campbell and Myself


A very interesting part of the night was the appearance of Felix Zemdegs, who is at 14 ,is the World Champion of Rubix Cube. He astonishingly, proved that he can complete the Rubix Cube in 8.69 seconds...freak!!

Even more freakish, and something that I'm told wasn't shown in the broadcast was when Felix completed the Rubix Cube again, only this time with the Rubix Cube above his head and without looking.

He told us all that he learnt simply by watching a You Tube video...I've learnt a few things off the internet...but probably nothing I can show you on TV.

If you want to check out Felix's freakish talents here is the link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAxvSquazVU

My team the "Sports Fanatics" got off to a very slow start, but we all gave "110%" , "made every post a winner" and "did the little things right"...to time our run to perfection.

We were led superbly by Channel Nine/Today Show personality, Cam Williams...who was also crowned the "Smartest Team Captain"...he must have been looking at my answers!

Socceroo Fanatic, Ray Fuggle and "Smartest Team Captain" Cam Williams
               

The "Sports Fanatics" were a very rowdy bunch. We had Socceroo Fanatics, Sydney Swans, Cricket, Melbourne Storm, Cat-Man, Dog-Man, Joffa, Freakish Tats, Titans Smurfs...I'll touch on a few of the team members..I dont have enough time to explain all of them...just google the names and prepare to be astonished.



Titan's Smurfs and the Rest of the Team

The picture, above shows the "Titans Smurfs". Mad Gold Coast Titans fans, they crack out the body paint and go nuts in support of their side. Apparently it takes 2 days for the paint to completley come off...and a hell of a lot of Blue Paint everywhere.

"Catman"- Geelong Cats Fanatic
"Catman" has apparently been collecting badges for his costume for the last 3000 years...


"Joffa" and his Gold Jacket
"Joffa"- For those that dont know, Joffa is a mad Collingwood Magpies supporter and dons the gold jacket once his side has secured victory. It is the Australian equivalent of the "Fat Lady Singing". There is a bit of a stigma around Australia that Collingwood fans are "stupid"and "uneducated"..but Joffa was a standout on our team and certainly dispelled those theories.

Joffa wore his jacket for the entire IQ Test , such was his confidence that our victory was never in doubt!

I need to make mention of my fellow Socceroo Fanatics. 

Ray Fuggle went all but one of Australia's World Cup Qualifiers in the recent campaign for the 2010 World Cup, travelling to Japan, Dubai, Qatar, Uzbekistan , Bahrain,China and of course all around Australia. Ray has put together a DVD of his travels, which he gave me to watch, and I must say it is some very entertaining viewing.

Heather Kayatz, is another Socceroo Fanatic, who has been travelling the globe supporting the team,only she has been doing it since 1974.

Tough to be called a fellow Socceroo Fanatic when in their company. All I have done is live in a lifesize Adidas Jabulani for 31 days of the World Cup for all the world to see. Again...not enough time to explain..just google "Adidas Man in the Ball".

In the end, against all odds, even after the bookmakers gave us no chance, my side the "Sports Fanatics" took out the title.

So officially...I can call myself a "genius" and officially say that I am 1 of the 25 most intelligent people in Australia.

Other results coming out of the test was,Woman being smarter than Men, Victoria being the "Smartest State" with South Australia last, and left handers ( myself included) being smarter than right handers.

 I had such a blast doing the IQ Test and hope I'm asked back next year with my fellow sports fanatics to defend our crown.

If you would like to complete the IQ Test and see how you yourself do, you can do so at this link- http://www.holdeniq.com.au/

Also if you missed any of the action, you can review some brief highlights, such as "Sports Fanatics" going wild after their victory , do so at this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTpWRBUUT-4

Thanks to everyone involved in the production, we all had a blast and thanks for my side the "Sports Fanatics" for being an awesome bunch of people.

Especially need to thank, the lovely Lesley Weston, my fellow Fanatic and Melbourne Storm Fan for letting me steal some ( almost all) , of her photos for this blog. I will give you your free boat and secret payment later!!

Lesley Weston, Melbourne Storm Fan and member of team "Sports Fanatic"

Some were suprised at the "Sports Fanatics" success but our teams win was never in doubt. To be a Sports Fan , you need great Maths skills, as you recquire the ability to count upwards by sometimes 1, 4 or 6. You need great memory skills to remember key statistics such as "Last Athlete to break leg in Olympic Final" and also where in the hell the hotel is, after a few too many post game schooners to drown out your sides defeat. You also recquire the ability to solve and unlock complex interelated webs and puzzles like the FIFA Football Rulebook...for example.

Hope you enjoyed a bit of an insight into the 2010 National IQ Test, I have to go now as I have to go perform some brain surgey and find a cure for cancer....

Until next time,

Much Love!

Adam Santarossa-Genius

The 25 Smartest People in Australia- "Team Sports Fanatics", Winners 2010 National IQ Test 

No comments:

Post a Comment