Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Green-Tarver weigh in ahead of World Title fight




Antonio Tarver weighed in first at 89.7kg (197.75 lbs), under the Cruiserweight limit of 200lbs (90.71kg).
Talk before the weigh in was that Tarver would not make the weigh and would have to return later this evening to make the weight, but this talk was quickly shown to be false, and alleged as “mind games” from the Danny Green camp.
Tarver when questioned on the pre weigh in talk,called it mind games and said it didn't faze him one bit, as “I am always one step ahead. I am a professional and it is my responsibility as a fighter to make the weight and I am ready to fight”.
Tarver went on to discuss the great Roy Jones and stated that Roy Jones has had two careers.
“One before me and one after me. And it’s the same for Danny Green. You will remember Danny having two careers, one before me and one after me”
Danny Green weighed in next, weighing in at 90.25kg (198.96 lbs).
Green labelled Tarver as “confident, and a smart guy”, and spoke about the foxing the Tarver team had done all camp.
“I do my talking in the ring and just want to thank everyone for coming out today and all my supporters”.
Green closed with a suggestion that Tarver should buy a box of the Pain and Arthritis relief cream, “Pain away”, a company part owned by Green’s trainer, Angelo Hyder.
“ He’ll be needing it come fight night” said Green.
The fighters than went into the customary faceoff, which was full of intensity and both men, had to be separated by their respective trainers, only increasing anticipation for the fight tomorrow evening.

By Adam Santarossa

No comments:

Post a Comment